Here is a collection of blog posts that I've written so far. Happy reading!
Date posted: 25th October 2022
In this post, I talk about the work I lead on with David Caldwell, Head of Accessibility at Home Office, to create a definition of the accessibility profession.
Date posted: 1st March 2022
In this post, I talk about the Accessibility Book Club I run at the Ministry of Justice, and how you can set up your own one, too.
Date posted: 1st January 2022
I’ve always really enjoyed reading blog posts from other people on their reflections of their years. So this year, I thought I’d have a go at my own.
Date posted: 22nd October 2021
I recently read a book called ‘Gossip from the Forest’, by Sara Maitland. It’s a book that talks about the history of forests in the UK, and their relationship with fairytales. Each chapter...</li>
Date posted: 20th June 2021
I’ve had a weird couple of months. Brace yourself for an intense opening paragraph (spoiler alert there are narwhals the other side) - I broke up with my long term partner of 8 years,...</li>
Date posted: 14th January 2020
This was posted on the UK Government accessibility blog. In this post, I talk about the 'Intro to accessibility testing' workshops that I've been running at meetups and conferences across the country.
Date posted: 9th January 2020
This was posted on the MOJ Digital and Technology blog. I talk about a 6 month profession project on accessibility that I was placed on at the Ministry of Justice, in 2019.
Date posted: 14th September 2019
A few years ago, I went to the Edinburgh Fringe festival by coach. When I saw the beautiful, winding, coastal roads out the window, I made a mental note to come back on my...</li>
Date posted: 16th May 2019
As it’s Global Accessibility Awareness, I’m sharing a list of accessibility resources that I regularly refer to. Happy reading, watching and listening!
Date posted: 16th September 2018
I got into a general life slump recently, and so to try and cheer myself up more, I’ve taken up building fun projects. I joined this industry because I wanted to build things, but...</li>
Date posted: 23rd October 2018
The Indie Web movement is a movement all about content ownership, in the current times of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and so on. It has been something I’ve been interested in ever since hearing <a...</li> </ul>
Blog posts that are hosted on other people's blogs
Here is a collection of older posts that I've written on other people's blogs.
- Success stories: women in tech awards - posted on the Oxford Computer Consultants Blog.
- Hosting the September codebar Oxford Workshop - posted on the Oxford Computer Consultants blog.
- Introducing Our Front End Intern - posted on the Oxford Computer Consultants Blog.
- Introducing the codebar Oxford Team! - posted on codelog.
- Web Dev Bev Out - posted on the Daily Zooniverse.
- Codebar With the Zooniverse - posted on the Daily Zooniverse.
- A Month in at the Zoo - posted on the Daily Zooniverse.
- Meet Beverley - posted on the Daily Zooniverse.
- Stepping Away from the GitHub Desktop Client: Intro to the Terminal - posted on Medium.